On Winning 'India's Pulitzer' !
I would like to share a small good news with you. I received the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for Uncovering India Invisible on 12th April 2006. The Prime Minister had given away the award yesterday at a grand ceremony organised at the Hotel Maurya Sheraton.
As some of you know i had visited Dandakaranya in March 2005 and stayed with Maoist squads for about 15 days and captured the workings of India's first "Liberated Zone in making" where the Maoists run Revolutionary People's Government.After coming back i wrote an article in Andhra Jyothy Sunday supplement which received a state level DNF best journalist award. The same article has now won RNG award. The Indian Express is publishing the story again as it's next Sunday Magazine cover.The video I brought was taken by CNN-IBN for one of their big stories titled 'Red Corridor". And I am planning to do a full fledged documentary on Janathana Sarkar soon.
Check out these links...
- The Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards announced
- Out of the Red (Indian Express article published Sunday, April 16)
- ‘I don’t draw any conclusions, I only document’ (Indian Express article published Sunday, April 16)
- 16 stories that needed excellence and how they got it (Indian Express article on the awards)
- A newspaper and bananas helped link up with Maoists (Article published in dailyindia.com)
- Award News on NWMI Site (Network of Women in Media, India)